Are you a parent of a Neurodivergent or LGBTQ+ teen who feels isolated and alone in your parenting journey?
Do you struggle to find others who understand what you’re going through and can provide support and guidance?
As the mother of Neurodivergent and LGBTQ+ teens, I know firsthand the precarious sensitivity involved in raising a teen who is ‘wired differently’ in a world wired for ‘normal’.
I offer the Seen Heard Accepted Allyship Parenting Program where you can learn the tools and strategies to connect with your teen.
The Seen Heard Accepted Allyship is perfect for you if:
- You have been struggling to support your Neurodivergent and or LGBTQ+ teen with their mental health.
- You are struggling to get your head around your teen’s diagnosis of Autism or ADHD and what this means for you and your family.
- Your teen has recently come out to you as LGBTQ+ and you are not sure how to handle this with understanding and sensitivity while grieving the life you thought they’d have.
- You are not sure how to manage your teen’s behaviour so that they don’t hurt themselves or others.
- You are navigating how to do the best for your teen while navigating ‘the system’ and other people’s beliefs and judgments.
Over our eight-week parenting program you can become equipped with the necessary tools and strategies to better understand and connect with your teen.
Throughout the program, you will learn the fundamentals of neuroscience and attachment, and how they can be applied to create positive outcomes for your teen.
Additionally, you will learn about the unique strengths and challenges associated with raising a neurodivergent teen who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and how you can adjust your parenting style to support them effectively.
You will be developing the skills to navigate differences in parenting styles with a co-parent and respond to the judgements of others. Moreover, you will discover how to view your teen’s behavior as a window to their needs, and practice self-compassion.
You will discover how to build essential connection capital with your teen, manage their emotions (and your own), and support them with melt-downs, shut-downs, burn-out and during a mental health crisis.
Lastly, the program will teach you how to practice needs-informed self-care and establish healthy boundaries with your teen while encouraging them to advocate for their own needs.
Join our eight-week Seen, Heard and Accepted Allyship Parenting Program and find your way through to connect with your teen.
Our trauma informed and neuroscience-based Neurodivergent and LGBTQ+ Affirming Parenting Allyship is shaped by the following four pillars:
- Secure Attachment with a Parent or Significant Adult.
- Accepting and Affirming your Teen’s Neurodivergent and LGBTQ+ identities.
- Connection before Correction, Problem-Solving or Advice Giving.
- Adapting your Parenting Approach to your Teen’s Needs, Strengths and Difficulties.
Our program is currently closed for registrations.